Sunday 20 January 2008

Hey :-)

Today's spam selection included this strange little item - it contained no images and only a broken link and some poetry. I wonder why people sometimes bother, unless they are just looking to elicit a response of total bewilderment...

To delete click here: http://wwweromanticfarmenet/ffdZAEWAxUcDBgYLB4BCQQZH...

Liftin' up your skirtelighting struck right down from the skye
Sitting at a stop signeopen your eyese
I feel like I have been hit by a truckeI'm saddle soree
I'm looking for ole' Sukie JoneseCause you just lost your jobe
And a tooth for a tootheSleeping late and smoking teae
And I'm feelin' fineeAnd waits for her crops to growe
So take your Grey Poupon my friendeOr someday soon you'll have to climb back on the wagone
So I didn’t believe when you saideBut you ain't got no casee


It also appears that their email system has, for some reason, decided to replace every full-stop with the letter 'e'. I tried replacing the 'e's and attempting to follow the link to no avail, so with no unsubscribe option I just replied to the email:-

Dear Marylou,

Thank you ever so much for sending me this delightful little poem, although I do prefer the old-fashioned poems which always rhyme. You don't really say in your message why you sent it. I tried the website link that was included, but I'm afraid it didn't work either.

Could I politely suggest that you double-check your emails before you send them out in future?

Kind regards

Auntie Spam

No comments: